topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: I'd like to express thanks to the DonationCoder.com community today  (Read 8092 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
It's always important to step back and take a moment to reflect on what you should be thankfull for.  Sometimes it's easy to get lost in the moment and feel stressed out or on the losing side of a struggle to survive..

Today I find myself incredibly thankfull for the DonationCoder.com community of users, especially those of you who have participated in this forum, making it a better place.

It was almost 2 years ago that i was in a complete panic about the fact that i couldn't pay my bills and yet i found myself still unable to stop spending my time writing programs, and unwilling to enter into the world of selling software unable to handle traditional employment.

I still have a bit of trouble paying bills, but now when i am programming i feel like i am doing something productive - and that i'm part of something good, and honest, and fun.

This site has become my second home and it means so much to me.  I feel like I know all of you a little bit, and I am thankfull for the opportunity to participate in it, and thankfull that you guys+gals have made it possible to keep spending time on it and trying to improve it.

Thank you all for making this possible.

-mouser

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:18 PM by mouser »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: I'd like to express thanks to the DonationCoder.com community today
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 08:05 PM »
i am "thankfull" too, mouser that i found this site.. :)

i am glad that you are able to concentrate on your 1st love - writing programs, rather selling out to the corporate world right after school. that's something i can associate with, doing what we enjoy but unfortunately when i finished school, it was a different time with few opportunities (read:dial-ups, yuck!) and slowly, other responsibilities creeped in.

anyway, i am truly happy for you & would like to wish you all the best! :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 08:47 PM »
In my opinion, I'm the one who has to thank you, mouser.

Finding DC was the best thing that happened to me in the recent times, it allowed me to know other people with my interests, to see how "the real world" is, understanding how the software world works. And i'm very glad to be a part of DC (recently not as much as i'd like, unfortunatelly) in it's swim against the tide (in what concerns donationware).

It's fantastic to be able to finally relate to an online community, filled with interesting people always willing to help and offer new stuff to the community. And i must say, that's all because of you.
I think that by creating DC and its donation-based goal, you've been able to atract people interested in doing more than just watching the world pass by, and every day we can see an example here in the forum of people helping each other.

Yes, i'm a DCholic, and i owe it to you, mouser, and to this fantastic community which i can't live without anymore!
 :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 10:31 PM »
This is an interesting place to visit, in great measure due to your perseverance as far as I can see. Having started without "two ha'pennies to rub together" I can say from experience that perseverance can pay off in many ways -- some financial and some more intangible. Personally, I think it's better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all. Better yet is to have tried and succeeded; one doesn't always notice the success happening until it's well under way.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 12:44 AM »
A big thanks to mouser for coining up :D the idea of the site.

A big thanks to Jibz for nudging me into checking it out.

And a big thanks to the rest of you for keeping the gears spinning!

:-*
- carpe noctem

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 04:49 AM »
Nah, thanks to you, for the idea, the programs and the infrastructure that makes possible the existence of this community :). In short:

Pity that you still can't pay your bills... ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 04:52 AM by Lashiec »

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 05:35 AM »
onya Mouser!

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 05:47 AM »
Over the years I discovered lots and lots of lovely forums, became a part of many, but never as much as here :)

DonationCoder.com really is special! :-* Thanks mouser!

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 09:01 AM »
Yeah this is a great place; active forums, friendly people excellent software what more could I ask for.

Thanks mouser, and thanks to everyone else. I don't know what I'd do online if there wasn't this place :D :up:

JoTo

• Super Honorary
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 09:29 AM »
My thanks go to FARR (Find and Run Robot).  :huh:

YES FARR! Because a google search for a program like FARR lead me to DC. And therefore my thanks goes to mouser as well for creating FARR and founding DC.  :Thmbsup:

To make a long story short, i agree 100% with jgpaivas post. And i can't live without my daily dose of DC anymore!  :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:

[JoTo stands up...looks at all the others, wait until he gets attention from all people here and start to say...]

Hello, My name is JoTo and i must admit i am a DC-Holic!

[JoTo sits down]

But beware! No-bo-dy should try to start to cure me from this addiction.  >:( He/She will have no success...PROMISED!!!   :P

Thanks again mouser and to all the other great people here that allow me to be a part of DC.

Yours
JoTo

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Yes, thank you mouser for your thank you :D, the users are the ones who power every thing..

but of course you set it up and started the momentum, and kept rolling with it.

You are one smart human.. ;) you know how to layout every thing in influential ways (or maybe I'm just seeing things..  :huh:) but your purpose is good, and that's what makes this community solid.

Don't know if any of you understand that.. don't think I even do..  :huh:

Cool bananas!  ;D
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Many thanks to you mouser!!
And off course also to all the other posters that really make this place special!

:Thmbsup:

Bye!

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 01:58 AM »
I (as the head administrator of my own large forum) applaud, salute and Thank You, mouser ... on the special duties you accomplish here, day after day.

I know how difficult it may be to maintain a forum as active as this one. The responsibilities are enormous. I can't imagine the traffic you now get from visiting members.

As for me, and my DC-addiction ... well, I am on the side of the USER. I do not code at all, so to that admission - I Thank All DonationCoders. Newbies, veterans, and trolls alike.
As long as everyone contributes something of substance to this growing community, I don't see any end in sight for this amazing site.

<< Due to recent monetary constraints here at my home, I am not able to donate as much as my heart wishes. >>
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Hooray for mouser and DonationCoder -- The first (and thus far only) site I've found it worthwhile to donate to!