topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MX Skype Recorder  (Read 6332 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MX Skype Recorder
« on: November 23, 2006, 03:24 PM »
This programs works with Skype software to record your Skype audio conversations

... - can works in automatic mode (you don't need to press "record" or "stop") or manual mode
- automatic compress in mp3 format ( from 8 till 320 kbits) using Lame MP3 Encoder
- can save as wav PCM format
- can record conversations either in single or dual audio track (one channel for input, other for output)
- can work in spy mode (user who uses Skype won't guess that all conversations will be recorded)
- can work with PC-to-PC, PC-to-phone as well as skypecast conversations
- support all versions of Skype and anothet VoIP application...

from http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: MX Skype Recorder
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:24 AM »
Great find! Most app in this category don't really work well and they are all about $20. Have you tested this one?

wr975

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:10 AM »
Great! Thank you!  (again today)   :up:

Redhat

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 12:31 PM »
A donationware skype recorder? THERE IS A GOD AFTER ALL  :o :o :o

:D Thanks Ken! Mucho aprreciatedo.

chasingclouds

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 07:45 AM »
 :Thmbsup:
Purely as a novice guy especially with Skype I have found this does exactly what it says it does. The longest phone call recorded so far has been 35 mins - it records from the moment the phone at the other end starts ringing so you don't miss a thing. Various settings/options but not many. There is no warning sounds to let the recipient of your call know that you are recording - you decide if this is ethical or not, in which case you have the option of simply telling them (and knowing that you are recording yourself saying so...)
I don't know if there are problems with longer conversations and the files don't get a snazzy id name as you call, but of course you can rename the mp3 file you are left with. The default settings gave me all the quality I wanted but you can change the mp3 quality - don't know how well that works.
Am I happy with this program - oh yes indeedy! 8)
(Note there is a another similarly named prog on download.com that says it is 'free' - it isn't, as you will find when you go to install if you read the setup screen stuff.

jdmarch

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Another skype plugin: I tried PrettyMay http://www.prettymay.net/ free version for a few days, liked it so much that I paid for the Pro version ($25). In addition to recording Skype conversations, PM can automatically download/convert Skype Voicemails to MP3, let you check your Skype voicemail from a pre-authorized remote telephone (when you phone your SkypeIn number from, say, your mobile, it answers and reads you your voicemail), and more. He still seems to be working a few kinks out, but already it's a nice useful piece of work.

chasingclouds

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 03:56 AM »
PrettyMay looks like it has all the bells and whistles with flute and full orchestra to come. But the free version only does up to 30 mins recording. For full features as always you need to pay for full (pro) version.
Myself, I find that MX Skype Recorder does what I want - it records my skype out and skype calls in full for free without hassle, as long as I have remembered to start it before I start the call.
This seems to do the basics well and reliably enough for this amateur guy.

jdmarch

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Right, different emphasis. I have no particular interest in recording skype conversations (and anyway, isn't that illegal in many places unless you obtain the prior consent of the other party?), but I do want the voicemail management that PM offers. PM's free version actually met my needs; I just upgraded to Pro to support the developer.

BTW, FWIW, I just learned that the PM online forum is mostly unavailable in recent days because of broken undersea cables from the recent earthquake near Taiwan.