ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Restart IE

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
This would work for you, but it is free today only:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ierescuer/

IERescuer is a useful utility that extends the capabilities of your Internet Explorer browser. It enables you to continue working on the page or pages that were closed last time, even if your Internet Explorer or Windows crashed.

Start with the pages you had open when the browser was last closed. Reopen closed windows.
Don’t trouble yourself about filling in the forms on the page again and again.
Having filled in any fields of the form on the page once, you won’t have to bother yourself with it. You’ll be able to restore it automatically the next time you launch your Internet Explorer.

IERescuer shows last visited pages dialog when Internet Explorer starts up, even after a crash if users wish.
Users can select any last visited pages to open, or close the dialog to open a blank tab.

--- End quote ---

Because this is only a one day offer and won't be free after today, I am still going to try to do this coding snack.

Curt:
Because this is only a one day offer and won't be free after today, I am still going to try to do this coding snack. -app103 (December 05, 2006, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should mention that I have moved to IE 7 inspite what I said at the time I started this thread. IE 7 is missing the same feature though. I have indstalled IERescuer only today - I don't know why I didn't get a message back then about April's last post - but I do find the price to be so high that it seems a little silly: $20. To add even more silliness the company claims the normal price to be $40 !! - [after-edit:] and it cannot handle IE 7's tabbed browsing! This is no good.

app103:
I don't think I can do this for IE 7.  :(

I am sorry you didn't get the notification for the post about that program being free for a day, when I made it.

Maybe this is a coding snack someone else could do, though...just not me.

f0dder:
Curt, is it so bad not having a localized version of your internet browser? IMHO if you want the IE engine, you should be using Maxthon or Avant, at least they block some of the bad things, have tabbed browsing without requiring IE7, etc.

Curt:
Curt, is it so bad not having a localized version of your internet browser? -f0dder (March 20, 2007, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

maybe some nine out of ten programs on my PC are in English only, but one of the reasons I stick to Microsoft is that they will deliver most of their program in localized language versions - and I like that. Having said that, I must admit that when I have come to understand how to use an app, any app, I tend to find it of no matter what language it is using, because I will not be reading the menu text anymore - but will be looking for the icon instead.

And for this reason I might give Maxthon or Avant a chance... Thanks for the tips!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version