ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WinThesaurus

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
Whilst I agree (partly) he doesn't charge a lot for upgrades, and version 3 was release 18 months ago (with 2 free updates during that period). Version 2 was two years before that. There is a free version too ...

Crossword Complier seems to get free update at least once a month (often more) - usually with new bits added, not just bug fixes.

mouser:
yeah, i remember that the upgrade wasn't too much - but it really rubbed me the wrong way.

elpresi:
Hi all,
I am new around here, and there so many interesting topics!
So I have tried Wordeb and I do like it a lot;
now since I also write quite a bit in spanish and french, I wonder if any of you could suggest a similar program for those languages.
Thanks

:)

moerl:
I personally use Babylon Pro 5.0. It's a very fast, nice, compact dictionary/thesaurus and supports tons of languages. I'm looking at Visual Thesaurus and it seems very interesting :). WordWeb... looks ok, but I don't know. With Babylon Pro in use already, I believe Visual Thesaurus is more interesting to look at. If you disagree, please tell me why :)

moerl:
Hmmm.. after reading the info page on WordWeb, it does seem to be quite a bit more advanced than Babylon Pro. Hmmmmmmm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version