Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 04:55:54 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: WinCalendarTime - windows clock enhancer  (Read 6444 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 22, 2006, 12:07:29 AM »

spotted this on the net: WinCalendarTime.
not as feature-packed as TClock and its ilk but this is a tool that can be appreciated for its simplicity.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 12:53:59 AM »

nice.
Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »

great and extreme lightweight

GeekK
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 07:17:08 AM »

Perfect for me, if I could just change the foreground color.. (I use a windows skin).
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 07:21:11 AM »

I don't think i could give up alfaclock for anything Wink

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 10:36:14 PM »

I don't think i could give up alfaclock for anything
the same for me jgpaiva, i've been using TClock and its various clones since Win9x.. but these programs come with a slew of features and i can't really recommend them to an average user..

that's why i've been looking a slim & lightweight clock tool that has a built-in calendar (something that should be in the OS itself).. smiley

Nighted
Charter Honorary Member

Meat Popsicle

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 07:31:33 AM »

Don't forget LClock. Wink

Or if you want the ultimate, pay money and get Chameleon Clock. Then you can enjoy my skin, Alienz (included with the installer), numbers I carefully recreated from the computers in the movie Aliens. Wink

I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 08:32:05 AM »

Horst Schaeffer's Calendar

or

Kana Solution's Kana Reminder, or Kana Solution's better-featured beta (but no help file yet for the beta)

Nighted
Charter Honorary Member

Meat Popsicle

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 10:16:04 AM »

I actually tried AlfaClock (and BetaClock) this morning and although it has some nice features, I'm not impressed by the fact that it uses 12 megs of RAM...

LClock has reminders (AlfaClock doesn't), a skinable calendar and more features than WinCalendarTime and uses about a half meg of RAM mo

I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 10:23:30 AM »

I actually tried AlfaClock (and BetaClock) this morning and although it has some nice features, I'm not impressed by the fact that it uses 12 megs of RAM...
Weird... My alfaclock only takes 1.7mb of mem and 2.5mb of virtual mem. I'd ditch it right away if it took 12mb or ram! smiley

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 11:21:57 AM »

LClock looks very nice but it looks like you can only show the time, not time & date ??
I'd miss the date - never know what it is  smiley

Theres a link from there to a light version of TClock but very little info there too
Might just have to try one out ..

Tom
bobdec
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 01:15:10 PM »

That looks good. You might want to check out one I found and use it is FREE and it has some other neat features

Bob
bobdec
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 01:16:08 PM »

Sorry forgot to put in the link for PTBSync
http://www.softpedia.com/...-Management/PTBSync.shtml

Bob
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 05:15:49 PM »

I don't think i could give up alfaclock for anything Wink
Wincalendar looks nice.  I'm with jgpaiva...alfaclock is the best.  But Wincalendar is very nice if you're looking for something more simple than alfaclock.

A few months ago, I spent a lot more time than I care to admit looking for a simple time/calendar replacement without too many excessive features.  I settled on alfaclock because it is highly customizeable and free.  You know you've hit the bottom of the obsessively anal barrel when you spend a week looking for a clock replacement for Windows.  I know I don't need to see the seconds in the time, but I just want to!

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 08:26:57 PM »

LClock looks cool.. looks like a continuation of TClock with more eye-candy.. good find, Nighted! going to try it out..

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 09:02:40 PM »

after a quick run-down, i find that LClock isn't in active development, the last update was in September 2004. also, it can't display date/time, only time as tomos had said earlier..

looks like i'm going to have to stick with TClock, despite the fact, that both aren't actively updated anymore..

AndyM
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 09:43:12 PM »

Also ClocX:

http://clocx.php5.cz/
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »

Also ClocX:

ClocX is quite nice but it doesn't seem to have a systray mode, where it will replace Windows default clock..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.051s | Server load: 0.03 ]