ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Would you like a rare & valuable Cody mug?

(1/5) > >>

app103:
Mouser has generously donated one rare & valuable Cody mug as a prize for a little contest...

It will go to our busiest typer.

Is this you?

GOE participants will get a chance to practice all those new productivity skills you have been learning.

As some may know, I have started a DonationCoder WhatPulse team.

For those that don't know what that is, I made a post awhile back about it.

Anybody that is part of the team will be elegible to win a Cody mug. (except me)

Anybody that isn't on the team yet, hurry up and join before the contest begins. I am giving you plenty of notice to get signed up and everything running correctly.

At midnight on Saturday, November 25, 2006, NYC time, I will take a screenshot of the team page.

You will then have 7 days to be your most productive self and type as many keys as you can. No cheating please, you have to type them all yourself with your own 2 hands and/or feet. (or head)

To make this fair to new team members, only keystrokes made after I make the screenshot will count. Please have your WhatPulse client set up to make automatic pulses about once per hour or every 1000 keys.

The team member that has accumulated the most keystrokes by midnight on Saturday, December 2, 2006, NYC time, will recieve 1 rare & valuable Cody mug.

Anybody that would like to display their stats in a team banner in their signature, like mine, read my next post below for my official super easy to follow tutorial.

You may send me a private message on the forum to ask for individual help setting things up, if you need it. Don't be afraid of me, I don't bite and I am MEGA patient. :-*

At this time, the WhatPulse client is only available for Windows. (my appologies to Mac & Linux users)

app103:
Both WhatPulse and the banner site are run by the same guys.

Use the same name, email & pass for both.

I will explain how I did the banner I made for myself.

First, right click and save this image to your hard drive:

Now log in here:

http://pulse.offbeat-zero.net (make an account there first)

* Click Upload a Background, on the left menu.
* Click the Browse button and select the graphic I told you to save.
* Type DonationCoder in the name box.
* Click Submit.
Click Customize on the menu on the left and use these settings:

Click the Submit button.

Right above the settings box you will find the code you need to add to your signature.

Copy that.

Now...on the dc forum, at the top...

* Click My Profile.
* Click Forum Profile Information on the left menu.
* Enter the signature code you copied into the box where it says Signature.
* Click the Change Profile button at the bottom of the page.
All done.

If you want to make the banner a link to the team page, use the bbcode for url and point it at http://whatpulse.org/stats/teams/10466/

Any other questions or problems, just ask. I will be happy to help.

app103:
and so it begins...

app103:
You can stop typing for a minute...a winner is about to be announced...

Starting keysEnding KeysTotal keys typedDrLeech864,164989,592125,428mobysaurus708,738781,78673,048Deozaan142,429172,84730,368Mizraim99,147124,12124,974Ruffnekk031,02731,027
Congratulations, DrLeech...you are the official DonationCoder Typing Maniac!

Please contact Mouser with a private message and let him know where to send your Cody mug.

Dr-Leech:
wooo, I can't believe it :D

Anyway, never knew about the contest :)
Nice to know that my day-to-day typing give me a prize.

Thanks guys..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version