ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: TV tuner software

(1/3) > >>

nite_monkey:
Ok, so my brother has an ati tv tuner card for his computer and he doesn't like the lamo tv software that comes with it. between the two of us, we cant find any good software, by software, I am meaning the program used to watch tv on your computer with. I was hoping some one has made, or knows of a good tv program that suports auto comercial skipping, or in other words when you are recording the show to watch it later, it will not record the comercials. please and thank you in advance.  :Thmbsup:

Josh:
Try snapstream (www.snapstream.com), best I've used!

Carol Haynes:
The only software I have used with ATI tuners (other than ATI MMC) is InterVideo's WinDVR. It seems to work pretty well (and infinitely better than MMC) but it still isn't perfect.

Personally I have found using a Hauppauge TV tuner a revelation - the picture quality is at least 1000% better than with an ATI tuner and recording works well - still doesn't have commercial skip though.

Perhaps what you need to do is use an MPEG editor to strip out the rubbish from recorded programmes after the event. I use TMPGEnc MPEG Editor to edit and remaster TV recordings for saving to DVD Video format. It isn't cheap but it works very well and if the file is DVD compatible it can edit the file by removing the offending bits without recoding the whole file so it is very quick. You also have full control over the bitrates and format of the output. Add to that it comes with a Batch tool so that you can set up a pile of files to process and leave it over night. It will even switch off the computer when it has finished.

nite_monkey:
ok, thanks ill look at those, and see which ones work for him

mouser:
give us a report on what your finally decide nite_monkey! and maybe a little mini-review of the prorgam you end up choosing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version