ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tool or Shell to Browse+Play .WAV files?

(1/3) > >>

222fbj:
Is there a way to preview/play .WAV files from Explorer..or maybe another small app?
I end up launching my MP3 player, or Adobe Audition.   This issue comes up when I am douing AV editing, or setting sound prefs in some app that allows me to specify an alternative WAV.  So the WAVs I'm intrested in hearing are usually small, system sounds...not music.
Thanks for any advice

Renegade:
There is a preview on the left that I remember. I forget how to get it to show, but try turning off the treview and you might see it. It was in Windows 2000.

If you select (on XP) there will be a "Play all" but it isn't quite what you want.

I can't remember how to turn it on though. You could just use a regular player. ALSong lets you browse music in the playlist like in folders, so that's kind of similar but not the same.

mouser:
this is actually a good idea - surely there must be a program that will take a directory full of files and play a few seconds of each in turn.

Renegade:
Ok - That was removed. It only applies to IE 4. :(

Which sucks - I wish MS would fix the problem rather than just pull functionality. It's stupid users that really cause problems for everyone else. The constant nagging in Vista is another example of how click-happy users spread viruses and ruin things for everyone.

It's too bad. Because that preview functionality was very cool. I used to use it all the time.

Renegade:
Hmmm... Might make for a fun project too. :)

Once I get the other ones out of the way though... Focus Ryan... Focus... Now repeat after me, "I will finish my current projects before I pick up more... I will finish my current projects before I pick up more... I will finish my current projects before I pick up more... " :D

In the meantime, I'm sure that there are some Windows Explorer replacements that should have that built in. (Or I'd hope so - I seems like such an obvious thing.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version