ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Note Taking Software

Enter TiddlyWiki

<< < (2/3) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Nice idea Jammo re your installations! ie you can link to a whole lot of on-line stuff...

I've used it work for the people I manage to document procedures for the group (they love it as IT has not provided an intranet solution)

- Perry

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Nice idea Jammo re your installations! ie you can link to a whole lot of on-line stuff...-Perry Mowbray (November 25, 2006, 11:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
yeah, so simple.

i've made it a hard-core habit to ALWAYS make a change to it when i install, un-install an app.
since i get so many use from these forums, i've managed to keep a tidy list of about 110 apps. LOL

2stepsback:
the blank tiddlywiki file with the structure in place is attached, so in case you don't realize it at first sight, this could help.

1. Find this text: "You'll also need to enter your username for signing your edits"
2. Enter your desired username (anything) there.
3. Click on SiteTitle
4. Move the mouse to the highlight word SiteTitle.
5. The floating menu pops up with "close", "close others", "edit", "permalink", etc. Click edit.
6. Replace the words MyTiddlyWiki with whatever you want the title of the page to be.
7. Click done
8. Similarly for Site Subtitle, MainMenu
7. For a new entry or tiddler, click "new tiddler" on the menu at the right-top side of the page
8. Rest should be easy
9. Don't forget to save the page by clicking on "save changes"

Ampa:
Tried TiddlyWiki and several variants, but found it too slow for real world applications.

I was attempting to use the system to support my GTD effort - but the lag that effects everything just builds up and makes TiddlyWiki unsuitable for this task (IMHO)

I also tried WikidPad for the same purpose, and found it much better - but eventually went with RememberTheMilk.

Ampa

tomos:
I keep trying to get to wikipad from a google search and ending up at wikiDpad -

is this a conspiracy or are they changing the name or does anyone know ?

Ahh I found it
http://www.jera.com/wikipad/

it's for palm OS's..

anyone tried the Wikid version?
http://www.jhorman.org/wikidPad/
On the fly WikiWord linking, as you type
 WikiWord auto-completion
 Easy WikiWord navigation
 Wiki text styling
 WikiWord History
 Wiki document attributes
 Dynamic views