ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Highlight text and convert case

(1/1)

IconBoy:
Not sure if anyone has done this but there are times I need to highlight text and convert it quickly to:
lower case
UPPER case
Sentence case
Title Case
Instead of me having to create a Word document, paste the text and then change the case format from within there, is there a quick way I can do this by r-clicking on the highlighted text and choosing one of these options?
Thanks very much.

mouser:
Clipboard help+spell will let you do these easily once you learn how, and let's you create your own additional formatting rules:.
Other programs/clipboard tools surely do as well.

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/clipboardhelpandspell/index.html

IconBoy:
Thanks Mouser!
Will have a look at the program. Am I actually able to highlight text and r-click on it and convert to the different case options or only ny selecting your icon in the System tray area.
Thanks very much for any help!

mouser:
with chs, you would select the text, hit the quick pop-up hot key (ctrl+alt+q by default), and get a list of recent clipboard text plus at the bottom some preset text modification entries (which you can customize and add to); select the text transformation you want with a keypress, and the highlighted text will be copied, modified, and pasted back in place.

Ampa:
Also Skrommel's CAPshift will do this for you - but only if the text is in an editable area of the screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version