topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: konfabulator now free  (Read 5079 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
konfabulator now free
« on: July 26, 2005, 05:54 PM »
konfabulator lets you add little fun attractive objects to your desktop (clocks, weather tools, games, etc.)

http://www.konfabulator.com/

"Let's just get this out of the way... Konfabulator is now free. Yup. If you download version 2.1 you know what you'll never ever see? That's right a registration reminder. Fear not, there's nothing sneaky in there, no spyware, no ads, nothing that's keeping track of information and sending it to us... it's pure, uncut Konfabulator goodness. "

Yahoo bought it out and made it free.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: konfabulator now free
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Wow, that's good news. Wonder why Yahoo did that? They did essentially the same thing with Yahoo Desktop Search when the licensed the X1 engine. Incredible.

Scott

• Resident Googler
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: konfabulator now free
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Now, we can currently hear the cries of all those people who've recently purchased Konfabulator. Fear not, people, for you will be given the gift of a refund if you purchased Konfabulator 2.0 or later. Revel in the glory of it.

Sarcasm aside, this is great of them.  I've gotten screwed several times in the past after paying for software that turned freeware, and I'm quite certain I was never offered a refund!
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 12:13:47 AM by Scott »