ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your Favorite Recent Computer Game, and Why?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
Recent? I haven't been too impressed with recent PC games. I'm waiting for Spore to be the next big thing on PC.

I really like World of Warcraft (but that came out in 2004 if I'm not mistaken) but there seems to be a fundamental flaw with MMOs that keeps me from staying interested in them for long, so I've quit WoW. The game I've enjoyed the most that has come out this year for PC would have to be The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Why? It's like a medieval Grand Theft Auto except you can actually do good things as well as bad things. Totally open gameplay. You don't need to do the main storyline. You can go around and kill just about anybody (if you wanted to) or steal just about anything (if you wanted to) or you can obey the law and still enjoy the game. I've played the game for probably a cumulative of over 120 hours and have barely touched the main storyline. It's fun! And everything I didn't like about The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is fixed in Oblivion.

lanux128:
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe, Solitaire City & Gothic 2 (waiting for Gothic 3)..

Darwin:
Define recent... Four years in Korea left me a StarCraft nut (1995?) and I love the three Combat Fligth Simulators by Microsoft (last one released in 2003).

f0dder:
Haven't played any recent-recent games, but the fairly recent games that I've played which meant most, must be...

Half-Life 2 + Episode 1. 'nuff said.
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows. First person sneaker, lockpicking, pickpocketing & blackjacking :D, inside missions, outside missions, immensive plot, wonderful graphics, ... has it all!
What's your Favorite Recent Computer Game, and Why?
World Of Warcraft. It's fairly stupid "kill everything that moves" and a lot of repetitive stuff, but there's something about the graphics and interaction that's nice. Not playing it anymore, though. Too scary seeing friends getting really addicted.

nudone:
half-life 2 + episode 1: bestest game ever and will remain so until half-life 3 arrives - or maybe crysis.

F.E.A.R + extraction point: makes slow motion death enjoyable again.

flatout 2: 'fun' racing and destruction.

tried the new hitman - couldn't do level 2 so gave up. might try sniper elite again, gave up very early with it last time - same applies to theif 3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version