topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A free software prize goes to.. kfitting  (Read 4616 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
A free software prize goes to.. kfitting
« on: July 26, 2005, 04:55 PM »
We still haven't figured out the best way to give out donated software prizes.. whether it should be mostly random, or based on other things, etc.

In this case we'd like to show some appreciation for all the help kfitting has given in testing programs and reporting issues, and just in general being so active on the forum helping figure stuff out.

In time, we hope to acknowledge everyone who has made this forum such a nice community to be a part of.

kfitting, please let us know whether you would like Techsmith Camtasia 3 or BB Flashback Pro, or whether you would like to wait until another program of interest to you gets donated.  We may still have a copy of VmWare as well floating around if thats something you would really prefer instead.  If you'd like to donate (not sell) your prize to someone else that's fine too.

Congratulations and thanks again for being part of the site.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 05:11 PM by mouser »

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A free software prize goes to.. kfitting
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Dont really know what to say (though that wont stop me from saying something!).  Personally, I think mouser deserves most of the credit here.  It really is almost like being able to write your own software, something that in this day of liscencing and conivery is refreshing.  Especially the ability to have people point out errors in your suggestions... many of the suggestions I make are refined by others (cracksloth, mouser, to name two) and it is exciting to see programs being developed that are actually useful, intuitive (trying to be anyway), and different.  Sure there are other launchers, but something like FindRUn?!?  That isnt bloated?!?  My hat goes off to mouser and his dedication for fixing bugs, putting up with picky requests, and thinking of new ideas...  I will continue to report the bugs, rest assured ;)

That being said, mouser I would prefer the VMware if you still have it.  If not, that's fine, I'll wait for a little while to see if anything pops up.  Thanks again,

Kevin

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 11:32 AM »
vmware license sent.

it's really my pleasure to be on a board with people like you who are willing to help test stuff, make suggestions, report bugs, help others, etc.

ps.
Thanks to VmWare for their donation.
And kevin you should also thank zaine the next time you see him - this copy was originally given to him but in traditional generous zaine spirit he said he would rather have it given to someone else who needs it more.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 02:49 AM »
Congrats Kevin!