ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Simple PC Usage Timer

<< < (5/11) > >>

Ruffnekk:
Ruffnekk–Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

I set up a test machine and installed your app. It’s damn near perfect! That password prompt is an excellent idea.

Couple of changes and I’d be happy as larry:
- Hide the taskbar (Form1) entry–maybe in system tray?
- When I hit the keyboard start button on the START page, the start menu appears. Maybe someway to disable the start button til START is clicked
- Possible to display Last Session Time on START page once stop is clicked?
- Possible to configure either an image or text to display on the START page?
-fealeit (November 24, 2006, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, your last two ‘requirements’ are easy, those are things I haven’t implemented yet in this alpha version. If you want you can send me an image to act as the background image... or send me whatever text you want there.

I can hide the form from the taskbar too. I forgot earlier.

What exactly do you mean by ‘When I hit the keyboard start button on the START page, the start menu appears. Maybe someway to disable the start button til START is clicked’

Do you mean the ‘Windows’ key with the Widows logo on it? If so, I can probably intercept it or hide the start menu all together.

I’m glad you like it so far, I’ll work on this later on and let you know about any progress ;)

fealeit:
Sorry, yes, windows key.

About the text display could you set it up to pull text from a text file? Be handy if I could change that myself rather than having it hardcoded. I'd mean I could use it for Usage instructions and rules, and also for stuff like latest promotions and network outages.

Ruffnekk:
No problem! I’ll just setup a frame for the text and let you know how to define the text for it later. Do you still want a background image?

fealeit:
Not Necessarily. Text would be fine.

One more thing.
I just left it running for a while there and the second count seems carry on after the first minute? ie 60 at first minute, then 120, then 180 etc :huh:

Ruffnekk:
I’ll look into it.   :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version