ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Simple PC Usage Timer

<< < (6/11) > >>

fealeit:
How we doin?

Ruffnekk:
Today I’m gonna work on it further. I haven’t had time in the past days, sorry ‘bout that.

fealeit:
No probs. Thought you'd lost interest!

Ruffnekk:
Okay I made some progress. I’m still have to find a way to intercept the Windows key to prevent access to the start menu though.

Some instructions for this version:

After installation is complete go to the installation folder and edit the file ‘info.rtf’ with MS Word or Windows Wordpad to suit your needs. This is the text displayed on the start page.

There is also a file called ‘pw.file’. You can open this with Notepad or any other plain text editor. This file contains the MD5 hash for the shutdown password. You can generate a valid hash for your password on http://www.allhype.co.uk/tools/md5/. Just type your password and click button to generate the hash. Copy the result into the file on the first line (!) and save it. This is the best security I can offer in this short period of time :) Cracking an MD5 hash is not easy though and one has to resort to brute forcing so I guess it will suffice for this purpose.

Please try it out so far and let me know what you think.

fealeit:
Absolutely fantastic. Encrypted passwords? Formatted text? You've outdone both yourself and my expectations. Now all I need is for it to make my coffee in the morning :)

I mentioned back in my first post that I'd like to integrate it with a sql db on my network. I'm not asking for you to do this, but what would the best way to go about it? All I'd need to have it do is change a number in one table field eg 0 for stopped, 1 for paused, 2 for started

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version