ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Office 2007 has been RTM'd

<< < (2/2)

cranioscopical:
OldElmerFudd: where about 10 of the 15 customizations possible are accessed. Trouble is, ALL your legacy stuff is loaded onto the "Add-In" tab
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the response. Doesn't sound encouraging... I can see 2003 staying around on my system for a while yet.

zridling:
Also, the ribbon PowerPoint is a mess. It changes depending on where your insertion point is at any given time. So it seems that every other time you look up, you're not looking at the same ribbon! Beware, because the WGA validation program has now been extended to Office 2003-07, if you don't like that.

I've been using the 2007 beta most of the year and the new UI's emphasis is just as OldElmerFudd stated — to help users find and use more of its features. But expect your learning curve of Word 2007 to increase if you're a long-term current user. Word 2007 works hard to embed a broad arrary of desktop publishing features to the word processor. However, it falls short in the academic arena and students and researchers should be advised not to use Word 2007's bibliographic feature (I'll explain in a review next month). Another annoyance is that Microsoft left all the old dialogs in place and none of them are resizable (why!). I still rue what they did to keyboard shortcuts. However, if your work demands consistent graphic documents, such as brochures, catalogs, extensive reports, or broad collaboration on projects, then Microsoft Word 2007 is well worth your time and money.

Otherwise, OpenOffice 2.x is really almost Office 2003, not Office 97 as is often quoted. Give it another try, and if you want OpenOffice with a cool database component, then consider StarOffice 8.x.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version