ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Go for a good laugh in this comparison between regular Europeans and Italian

<< < (3/3)

Mark0:
Bozzetto is great!  :D

BTW- App103...Please tell me capisci is correct, I lose sleep over these kind of things...
-Edvard (November 07, 2006, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's written correctly. As for the pronunciation...
SpoilerI would probably try to write it for an non-italian as: cupeeshee. That for proper Italian. The sound of the Wiktionary writing remind me more that of some southern dialects.

Bye!

app103:
Bozzetto is great!  :D

BTW- App103...Please tell me capisci is correct, I lose sleep over these kind of things...
--- End quote ---
It's written correctly. As for the pronunciation...
SpoilerI would probably try to write it for an non-italian as: cupeeshee. That for proper Italian. The sound of the Wiktionary writing remind me more that of some southern dialects.

Bye!
-Mark0 (November 09, 2006, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah...Sicilian.  ;)

A lot of the 3rd+ generation Italians around here would even pronounce it 'Gobbeesh'. (like my husband...I live in NJ)

The funniest was Jesus Anthony's definition of "Guido" at the Urban Dictionary. (Written by one of valid Italian descent...)
--- End quote ---

Does anybody remember Andrew Dice Clay's character 'Guido from Bloomfield' that he used to do in his stand up act?

I couldn't help but think of that when I read that whole page.  ;D

btw...I married a Guido-wannabe.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version