ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: setting up a simple encrypted ftp offsite backup

<< < (3/3)

tinjaw:
The obvious reply is that almost any backup program these days does what you are looking for. Are you just looking for free or single purpose or something else?

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
SyncBack also needs registry access, but you don't have to be cautious with SyncBack. It's no malware.
-wr975 (November 10, 2006, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
oh, i have full 100% trust in the apps from 2BtightSparks.
i've used them many times before.

one of my faves, aside form SyncBack, is their Calculate Hash Value script. So useful when downloading from a developers site and they offer a MD5 or SHA-1 hash code.

The obvious reply is that almost any backup program these days does what you are looking for. Are you just looking for free or single purpose or something else?
-tinjaw (November 10, 2006, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
free and or opensource.
i've used SyncBack a few times before. i actually used it before as a set-it-and-forget-it kinda thing.
i dont think Firefox 2 has this feature, but in 1.5, bookmarks were saved automatically in its own file. i had SyncBack sync it with another folder where i had all my essential files.

i did that with many files. i really like its wildcard * filter.
i had everything backed up and ready for CD archive without doing much work.

i started this whole thread in the hopes that perhaps someone would be able to take upon the task of coding a AHK script that incorporated 7-Zip for archive + encryption + FTP.
i'm fine doing it they way ive been doing it. just always on the prowl for something BETTER. ya know?!

tinjaw:
Then I would agree that a batch file that zips with encryption and then uploads is simple enough of a solution that a more formal one would be a waste. Especially since a short batch/script would be eminently more adaptable then a hardcoded solution.

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Then I would agree that a batch file that zips with encryption and then uploads is simple enough of a solution that a more formal one would be a waste. Especially since a short batch/script would be eminently more adaptable then a hardcoded solution.
-tinjaw (November 11, 2006, 07:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

oohh yyeess, excellennnt

although my bat writing skillz suck. the best ive done was a script that copied certain files to a certain folder. but i didnt know about the encryption thing.

<<EDIT:i just read that 7zip works via command line too.neat.>>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version