original post here: http://www.donationc...03.msg43177#msg43177
Perhaps a CodingSnack is in order?
User navigates to file/files in Explorer, selects them, RightClicks and selects the OPTION
(a symphonic melody is played upon selection for added emphasis)
The option would kick an AHK script (in the background) that launches 7-Zip, zips the files, then proceeds to FTP the file to a predetermined location on the server.
<<my brain tends to shoot into overdrive when I define an IDEA for a Coding Snack>>MORE DETAILS!
After the user selects the OPTION
(another symphonic melody is played upon selection for more
added emphasis) in the RightClick context menu, they are prompted by msgbox for:
- Archive filename (which should be prefixed by timedate stamp to prevent file overwriting)
- Archive format dropdown menu: 7z, Tar, Zip
- An unguessable Password + Password confirmation + Password Hint
- A Yes/No checkbox asking, "Would you like a HelpFile to be created?"
(HelpFile should be a text file that resides on their machine that lists the contents of the files in the archive, timedate stamp of the upload, and the hint of the password.)
User hits Submit, another msgbox appears confirming the above selections:
- a reminder that if they forget their password, nothing can be done to retrieve their files (or something to that effect).
So, I have an overactive imagination. LOL