ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: setting up a simple encrypted ftp offsite backup

<< < (2/3) > >>

jgpaiva:
I meant "csbftp" (contextmenu quickuploader: http://www.toffi-net.de/cFTP-support/eindex.php).
-wr975 (November 10, 2006, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hum.. That looks good.
I was hoping to find something more command-line based, though :(

Well, jamo.. any comments on wr975's method?

wr975:
A Syncback Profile can be run from command line. That's the beauty... do some configuring once, configure a scheduler and fully automated backup to your FTP server.

An AHK script can do everything asked. Use 7Zip to pack, use a commandline ftp to upload, play sounds... all pretty easy to code, just takes time (I don't have, sorry).

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Well, jamo.. any comments on wr975's method?
-jgpaiva (November 10, 2006, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
It seems like it should work. but, alas my good fellow, i removed the small application from my machine.

I download, installed, but quickly scrapped the tool from: http://www.toffi-net.de/cFTP-support/eindex.php

1.I don't know German.
2.I did not see any new option in my Right-Click menu.
3.Am cautious of anything that enters something to my registry. I know it's needed for the Right-Click menu, but I can/will do without.

Your solution looks interesting, wr975. (it misses the symphonic orchestra though. and i though it was the most important part of the coding snack .:P)
-jgpaiva (November 10, 2006, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think perhaps we should make that a requirement ... the symphonic melody that plays when ya Right-Click a new OPTION.
??? :)

A Syncback Profile can be run from command line. That's the beauty... do some configuring once, configure a scheduler and fully automated backup to your FTP server.

An AHK script can do everything asked. Use 7Zip to pack, use a commandline ftp to upload, play sounds... all pretty easy to code, just takes time (I don't have, sorry).
-wr975 (November 10, 2006, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think I'll just learn to use (first of all) SyncBack, it's on my downloaded list of favorite apps, and then when I know I'm using it properly, learn AHK well enough to manipulate it to my will.

wr975:
1.I don't know German.
--- End quote ---

Sorry, thought the program was multi-lingual, as they offer a English homepage. :down: Couldn't test in on my German XP.

2.I did not see any new option in my Right-Click menu.
3.Am cautious of anything that enters something to my registry. I know it's needed for the Right-Click menu, but I can/will do without.
--- End quote ---

Well, if you disallow registry access it won't work. SyncBack also needs registry access, but you don't have to be cautious with SyncBack. It's no malware.

wreckedcarzz:
I used SyncBack a couple times; wonderful little app. I used it for an external, on-site hard drive though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version