ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop Teleporter

<< < (2/11) > >>

tchikien:
Hi reko100,
My desktop usually fills with temporary files and folders. Your idea is so briliant,  I like it so much so that I started writing a small app for this purpose. I will up load it in a few days.

lanux128:
this is interesting, tchikien.. i also would like to see how it turns out, looks like a good tool. :up:

mouser:
great to hear that tchikien -
im sure we will all be able to come up with some feature requests too..

one thing i can think of is having it pop up when a new file is created on the desktop and ask user if they want to add datestamp + short comment to the file (like name of site it came from).
or maybe be able to quickly type in a note for the file which would be stored as FILENAME_note.text

another nice thing would be if it took your comment and wrote it out to a single "log" file, where it would list all files, the date which they were created, and your comment.  that would be nice for keep a record of what you downloaded.

rjbull:
one thing i can think of is having it pop up when a new file is created on the desktop and ask user if they want to add datestamp + short comment to the file (like name of site it came from).
or maybe be able to quickly type in a note for the file which would be stored as FILENAME_note.text
-mouser (November 15, 2006, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

And/or add the comment to a 4DOS-style DESCRIPT.ION file.

tchikien:
--- End quote ---
If, say, 100 + files get created how can you type your notes? May be one note file for all files.

another nice thing would be if it took your comment and wrote it out to a single "log" file, where it would list all files, the date which they were created, and your comment.  that would be nice for keep a record of what you downloaded.
--- End quote ---

I think i will make a log file.

Do you guy need folders created on the desktop get moved?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version