ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

GETTING ORGANIZED EXPERIMENT - WEEK NINE ASSIGNMENT

<< < (4/4)

urlwolf:
Thanks momoman, very nice assignment, and good writing.
There is research somewhere (I think I read something in "never eat alone" by Ferrazi) showing that people who write down their goals and bring them up often are more likely to achieve them.

I think Covey fits nicely with all the other time mangament systems

MonkeyMind:
Step two.  Identify the roles that you play in your life.  Some examples would husband/wife, parent, mother/father, friend, employer/employee, community member.  No more than seven.
Step three: Identify four fundamental areas of your life: physical (vibrant health, exercise, good diet), social (development of key relationships), mental (keep current in our field, learning, growing), and spiritual (what’s important and meaningful, helping others, living for something higher than “self”).  Don’t neglect any of the areas.
Step four.  Identify the most important thing to do in each of these areas this week.  As a parent, it might be to spend some one-on-one time with your child.  As a spouse, it might be to go on a date with your husband or wife.  A job-related goal might be coaching a peer, working on something with the boss.  Your own development might be planning a personal retreat or working on a mission statement.
-mouser (November 07, 2006, 11:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do the four areas go together with the seven roles?
Does every role have these four areas?

Need some help with this here, please!

momonan:
@MonkeyMind.  I admit I was a little confused myself.  The way I understand it now is that there are these four fundamental principles, and we should be sure to keep them in mind when deciding how to act or thinking about our plans for the day/week/year/lifetime.  They should guide us in making our mission statement and in establishing our goals.  Our roles are just who we are in relation to others and to the world.  They are the way we play out our goals.  I think the point is that we should set goals that cover all four areas and not concentrate on only one or two, at the expense of the others.

I will be exploring this a little big more in the week to come, along with another assignment.  Maybe it will become clear then (to me, as well :D).  I welcome any other interpretations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version