ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Refresh takes a long time

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
sorry to disappoint you, mouser but "Hide Missing Files" option is unchecked..

actually i wanted to hide items that are in removable drives, which should be a case of checking for drive existence instead of individual files.. since LC doesn't do that yet, i've left the option unchecked.

mouser:
lanux, maybe you could make a copy of your launch bar config file, delete anything i shouldnt see, and mail me it?  how long does it take to load?  i found that when i disabled the "hide missing" that my bars load very fast.

lanux128:
ok, will do. mouser.. :up:

lanux128:
mouser, i'd like to post my reply here, if u don't mind..

1) check whether the long delay goes away if you configure the preferences and return to docking bar 2 times in a row.
2) try disabling some of your items, especially those that might refer to FOLDER contents menu, and see if that speeds up displaying the contents.
3) how long does it take to save the file if you just save it from within the preferences.
--- End quote ---

q1: if i open & close the preferences twice in a row, the response time slightly improves..
q2: i've disabled most of the folder nodes, except for some with very few shortcuts..
q3: it's instantaneous, no lag at all..

mouser:
sure - so your impression is that no matter which items you disable it still loads really slowly..
if you disable your main toolbar and create just one toolbar with like one button, does it still take so long to load?
i'm trying to get a clue for what could be causing such a delay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version