ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Thunderbird forks to become next Eudora?

<< < (3/3)

JavaJones:
I have heard of Courier, but I don't remember why I wasn't considering it. I know there was a reason. ;) I'll take a look...

- Oshyan

Carol Haynes:
Courier feels very Windows 95 to me and has poor (if any HTML support) and doesn't seem to be able to export email in any useful format. It also seems to have ceased development.

There is a bit of info on Courier in this thread ...

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4288.0

JavaJones:
Well there you go then. ;)

- Oshyan

john_hammond:
Finding a great email client is my everlasting non fulfilled dream :( Back in the days, OE was my first choice, because of its newsgroup support. However, it was short on features, so I switched to Outlook 2003. Outlook is nicely integrated with other utilities (todo, calendar, ...), but it really fails when you have to backup your data. It took me ages to learn how to backup my account details and I really hate the process. Of course, Outlook has no newsgroups support, so I had to use Outlook and OE together, which was not convenient.
Finally, after reviewing a long list of alternatives, I gave Thunderbird a try. It has it's own quirks (slow with large newsgroups, bugs in filters), but at this time it does the job. However, I am still looking for a better alternative, but I am no longer enthusiastic as before ;)

nevf:
If I'm not mistaken Courier is the the reincarnation of Calypso, which I very happily used for quite a few years. When it died I switch to The Bat, which I'm generally happy with. I have quite a few e-mail accounts and TB's filters handle this very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version