ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Duplicate files in a single click

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
btw for this tool, pls put in some options that enables us to show/hide which commands we want on the context-menu...
--- End quote ---

yes, in fact that is the main thing of this tool, it will be a super-easy, super customizable context menu helper.
it will come with a bunch of our own unique tools, but easily let you configure your own, and customize it EXACTLY as you want it, with complete freedom.

kfitting:
Ever tried FileTargets by Moon Software?  I think I found out it about on these forums so you guys may already be aware of it.  Dont know that it does exactly what you want, but it allows you to have easy access for copying or moving files to specific folders.  Just an idea.  Also, mouser, it may be a good piece of software to look at to get ideas for your own context menu tool. 

http://www.moonsoftware.com/freeware.asp

Kevin

mouser:
yes, filetargets is nice freeware, though not updated and doesn't work in my file manager; but adding context menus for move to specifc folder and copy to specific folder is on the agenda for the "DonationCoder ContextMenu Tool"

skywalka:
Hi,

sometimes inside the windows explorer, i need to make a quick backup of a particular file. this is how i go about it, i right-click on that file, choose 'copy' then right-click on an empty spot choose 'paste'. for me this is one-click too many. ;-)

so i was wondering is there a possibility of conjuring up an app/script which can do this in a single click. just right-click on a file & choose 'duplicate' and a carbon copy is created...
and also if the output file's name is configurable then it'll be a bonus...

thanks in advance
best regards,
lanux
-lanux128 (July 24, 2005, 08:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've configured this program 2 do just that:
http://www.rjhsoftware.com/rjhextensions/

mouser:
rjh extensions are quite nice (a warning though, i used them for years without incident, but at somepoint on my new computer, either because it was winxp or because i was using a new file manager or antivirus or something, they were causing my shell to crash or hang when i did a right-click contect menu; took me a week to pinpoint the problem. just a heads up).

ps.
donationcoder will soon be releasing a custom right click context menu tool that should blow all others out of the water :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version