ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Duplicate files in a single click

<< < (3/3)

lanux128:
I've configured this program 2 do just that:
http://www.rjhsoftware.com/rjhextensions/
-skywalka (August 05, 2005, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, i had a look but it hasn't been updated for some time (since 2001) so i'd stay put for mouser's context-menu thingy, which sounds very promising... ;-)

tks anyway...
best regards,
lanux

skywalka:
It still works fine.

lanux128:
sorry to revive an old thread...

Update: Create .bak by Serenity does the trick... and has no side-effects on WinXP
"Create .bak" makes a copy of the selected file and gives it an additional .bak extension like:
file.exe --> file.exe.bak

If a folder was selected, this makes a copy of the folder including all of its contents:
/folder/file.txt --> /folder.bak/file.txt

Create .bak will automatically overwrite files of the same name unless /safe is specified in the command line,
eg: "C:\Program Files\Create .bak\createbak.exe" "/safe" "%1"
--- End quote ---

regards,
lanux

noth(a)nk.you:
I'll have to give that Create .bak a try.

I've traditionally held Ctrl (easy to hit--it's in the corner) and dragged the file/folder.  This forces a Copy.

Additionally, Shift forces Move, while Alt forces Shortcut.

These are all very handy to know.

lanux128:
I'll have to give that Create .bak a try.-noth(a)nk.you (April 05, 2006, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes i agree, it'll come in very handy to know the short-cuts. but for me, having a gui option is a safety net, in case fingers slip...  ;)
btw, serenity has complemented "Create .bak" with "Convert to .bak" and "Unbak".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version