ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best free firewall for Windows?

<< < (35/53) > >>

tomos:
jeez
just trying jettico the last couple of days - it's too much
hundreds of clicks per day, many for software I've added to trusted zone or whatzever they call it (it's gone now I cant check)

not for me,
might try commodo or online-armor

I used use Fritz!Box router which came with a really nice software firewall but now have internet via cable (Kabel.de) and they charging 4€/month for their security "suite" - I'd be wary of it if it was for free :)

nosh:
I'm disappointed with Comodo. I'm running it without the anti-malware or HIPS addons (which completely freeze up everything) but the least I expect it to do is inform me when an executable has changed. Sygate was quite reliable in that sense. Any other light-weight 3rd party firewalls out there? I think I'll give PC Tools a try next.

tomos:
... Isn’t giving a firewall a :down: because it’s not perfectly compatible with PS tray a bit… extreme  ?? ...-Armando (February 03, 2008, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a license for Outpost Pro, so I don't have to tolerate any problems.  ;)

The Danes ruled certain parts of Ireland a thousand years ago, so there may be some Irishmen with Danish blood, but I am quite sure that I don't have Irish blood...
-Curt (February 05, 2008, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
reading back in this thread I came across the above -
[possibly/probably off-topic] (depending on Curt's answer :P):-

:tellme: whats with the irish blood (or lack of it) Curt?
BTW I'm one of those irish with viking blood... also BTW, not looking to complain or anything about the rep of the irish, just curious :)

Curt:
I don't fancy a pint, so there is no way I can have traces of Irish blood. Furthermore I don't think rain is normal fine weather, so I really cannot be any less Irish, can I.

-- Editedx5, so others may see the connection as well:
You missed to quote the rest of the major reason for my original answer:

...Isn’t giving a firewall a :down: because it’s not perfectly compatible with PS tray a bit… extreme (: do you have Irish blood?  :P) ??...-Armando (February 03, 2008, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

- emplying, I guess, that the Irishmen tend to ask for extreme standards... -gratis!
(maybe Armando was thinking about the Scottish?)  :-\

Armando:
Some say Irish have a short fuse.  :D
(No offense Curt. It was only a joke.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version