ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Virtual button for local area connection.

(1/2) > >>

dar:
I'd like a virtual button, thank you, that sits in my tray, which enables and disables my (dsl) local area connection. When the connection is enabled--the button is green. When the connection is disabled--the button is red. Any takers?

lanux128:
if you're into Autohotkey, then have a look here.

mouser:
a lot of firewalls have a feature to shutdown all network connectivity - that might be a good route to go.

logic7:
I'd like a virtual button, thank you, that sits in my tray, which enables and disables my (dsl) local area connection. When the connection is enabled--the button is green. When the connection is disabled--the button is red. Any takers?
-dar (November 06, 2006, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you are using Windows XP, that's a feature already buiult in into the OS.

Go to your Network connections, by right clicking on My Network Places on the desktop and then choosing Propertiesm (or Click Start/Settings/Networking connections), and then right click the connection in question, and then choose Properties.

In the properties Window, at the bottom section, you should see the following chek boxes.

[ ]Show icon in the notification area when connected.
[ ]Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.

Checking both will give you a nice in the systray that even displays amount of network traffic in real time if you point your mouse on that icon, and will display green activity color when connected.

mouser:
i think he wanted to be able to disable all network traffic easily and turn it back on easily, not just observe status, is that right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version