topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: That statistic counting thing when you start The Bat!  (Read 6929 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That statistic counting thing when you start The Bat!
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:35 AM »
You know how whenever you start the Bat, all the mailboxes start counting all the messages in the box and display it on the right?  I was just wondering, what happens when my mailboxes get huge?  I already have 10 years worth of emails in the Bat, but what happens as the volume gets bigger?  Is it going to take longer and longer to open?  Why does it have to recount each box again every time I open the program?  I remember that Pegasus also displayed the count next to its mailboxes, but it didn't have to recount every time it opened like the Bat, and starting the program was really fast.

And I don't really want to archive emails, I like having them all there.  Actually, i don't even know how to archive in the Bat, but that's another question.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: That statistic counting thing when you start The Bat!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:12 AM »
i probably have about 200,000 emails in thebat, and don't notice a startup delay.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: That statistic counting thing when you start The Bat!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:14 PM »
You don't notice any delay at all?  In my case, there's at least a few seconds where I can see the totals being calculated from the top mailbox on down.  I remember when I had the mailboxes encrypted at first, the delay was pretty long, then I took off the encryption and it was much faster, but it's still there.  It's at least 5 seconds.  I don't know how many messages I have, I can go check tonight.  Maybe it's just my 5 year old computer.