ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Dude! - free network monitor

(1/3) > >>

Wordzilla:
The Dude network monitor is a new application by MikroTik which can dramatically improve the way you manage your network enviroment. It will automatically scan all devices within specified subnets, draw and layout a map of your networks, monitor services of your devices and alert you in case some service has problems.

Some of it's features:

* The Dude is free of charge!
    * Auto network discovery and layout
    * Discovers any type or brand of device
    * Device, Link monitoring, and notifications
    * Includes SVG icons for devices, and supports custom icons and backgrounds
    * Easy installation and usage
    * Allows you to draw your own maps and add custom devices
    * Supports SNMP, ICMP, DNS and TCP monitoring for devices that support it
    * Individual Link usage monitoring and graphs
    * Direct access to remote control tools for device management
    * Supports remote Dude server and local client
    * Runs in Linux Wine enviroment, MacOS Darwine, and Windows
    * Best price/value ratio compared to other products (free of charge)
--- End quote ---

Really nicely done and useful for those who does network troubleshooting, analysis, or is simply curiously about how home network looks like. And it's free.  :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
The city map thing looks pretty cute :)

lanux128:
looks useful, i wonder if it's enabled to run from a USB drive. will come in handy when trouble-shooting.

akp982:
I have used the dude for a couple of years now and love it, its simple to use and very reliable.

It provides me with a great overview of my network quickly and accurately.

In simple, the dude is a great bit of software but i have just found another network map tool which promises to be HUGE!

http://www.spiceworks-news.co.uk/2009/06/spiceworks-network-map/

Its currently in beta but promises to do what you want, they have even put a feedback button in which they say they will read all requests.

Its free so why not check it out, you havn't got anything to lose :-)

There is a huge support team of voluenteers and staff on the Spiceworks community ready to help you with all questions.

jgpaiva:
akp982: you have set your personal site in the forum to the spiceworks site.
Thus, I'm inclined to say you have some link to the site other than just a happy user who just found the software.
Please be honest when you post at DC, luring users into using your software is only going to get it bad reputation and probably a ban.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version