ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

SysTray "lost icons" recovery app ..

(1/3) > >>

mojomuse:
hi,

whilst there are a (small) number of apps out there from win98 days, that "save" the system tray (or notification area, as it's now officially called) from being over run by an increasing number of icons, i've still to find a worthy app - or basic one-off command - that simply recovers lost icons after an explorer crash.

of course, it's nice to have both in one app, e.g. PS Tray Factory, but this does far more than i'm after - and is way overpriced ..?!  :(

also, with XP now handling the auto-hide aspect of less crucial icons, it would at least just be good to have a way to "recover" icons that don't return after a crash - as they really should.

any ideas/tips or thoughts on this one guys ..?

ps no idea why i never posted this here before - d'oh!  :-[

cheers ..

app103:
There is a freeware program called Corectif Explorer that does that but only for icons of programs that are launched from the Startup folder in the Start menu.

What it does is when you activate it, is it checks the running processes for any program that is listed in your startup folder, and if they are still running, kills them and relaunches them, which puts the icons back in the tray....all in one shot.

http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=1461

Josh:
PS tray factory, an app I recommend HIGHLY, does this. It saves all icons that run in the tray, and on explorer crash, restores them. It also helps you unclutter the systray area.

See here

PS Tray Factory Post

lanux128:
Corectif Explorer is abandonware and it was designed for Win9x. you're better off using PS Tray Factory as Josh suggested..

app103:
Actually there are features in Corectif Explorer that don't work in 9x...were added specifically for Win2k+.

But PS Tray Factory does look really nice...might ditch Corectif Explorer and TrayTools 2000 and get that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version