ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

anyone tried i.Scribe email client?

(1/3) > >>

kimmchii:
i.Scribe

The Small and Fast Email Client
Scribe is a small and fast email client with an intergrated contact database and calendar. It supports all the major internet mail protocols and uses international standards where possible. Scribe doesn't required installing or uninstalled and can be used from a removable drive without reconfiguration. It comes with a bayesian spam filter and translations to many different languages. Updates are published regularly to respond to problems and to add features. Because Scribe runs on Windows and Linux you can take your mail with you when you change operating system. And don't worry about viruses, Scribe protects you from the usual security holes in other email clients with it's own virus safe HTML control and executable attachment protection.

---------------

what i like about it is its portable (no installation) and it comes with a built in bayesian spam filter.

ad-min:
Yes, I know that's an answer to a very old post, but I just tried InScribe... :)

It's a great program, I really can recommend it.  :Thmbsup:

Of course InScribe is not in the same league as TheBat, but it is very small and very fast.

So just give it a try!

tomos:
looks good,
(well maybe not super visually but not too bad there either..)
forums look good (people get answered with offers of help etc.:))

doesnt do tagging (I dont think) but while I've started using that in Thunderbird
I may as well be using folders with the way I use it & it's limitations

but nice filtering of mails

by date as well

tomos:
From Help file, info about "Thread" button
Each folder in the main view contains object of one type only. So if you create more folders you have to decide what they contain up front. When you drag and drop email/contacts between folders only items that match the destination folders type will be moved.
Right clicking on an email shows a list of actions and properties that you can use. The mark colour allows grouping of similar email by catagory by setting them all to the same colour. The mark colour can be set automatically by filters. By using the Select Marked submenu you can select all the email of a certain colour for furthur processing.not quite sure what this thread business is about..

maybe it does do tagging though, with filters
but think I'll have to digest that for a while & see do i understand it better on second look

muntealb:
I tried to use iScribe (last time 1-2 months ago) but I couldn't make it to work with my Gmail account. This problem was also encountered by many other users.

So I searched for another free e-mail client and found Koma-Mail, that works with Gmail (and Hotmail). It has Unicode support and its interface can be translated, two things that I search nowadays in any application. It doesn't need to be installed, because it is portable (comes as a zip archive). It has also a spam filter and other useful features.

Address of Koma-Mail : http://www.koma-code.de/   (Click on the Software section on the left to download it)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version