ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OCR/Text Recognition in a .pdf document? How do I do this.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
Searching/Indexing Documents

The Search tool helps to locate information in PDF documents by looking phrases in the current document, a specified folder, or an indexed archive:

* Search current document.
    * Search all files in specified folder.
    * Search against pre-build index files.

"PDF Gold" (including PDF Plus Professional) is capable to create indexes across gigabytes of PDF documents. This Unicode based index engine allows searching both the contents and pre-defined custom fields.-Zeon PDF Doc Gold
--- End quote ---

Zeon is $99
http://www.pdfwizard.com/eng/product/pdfgold.asp

lanux128:
if you have Microsoft Office, you can use JOCR (freeware).

JOCR enables you to capture the image on the screen and convert the captured image to text. It is useful to revive the protected files whose text can not be copied.  JOCR enables you to copy text from any files and images on the screen such as protected Web pages, PDF files, error messages.

JOCR requires Microsoft Office 2003 or higher version. If JCOR does not work, please manually install "Micorosoft Office Document Imaging" (MODI) that is included in the setup file of Microsoft Office.

• http://home.megapass.co.kr/~woosjung/Product_JOCR.html

Darwin:
Thanks, lanux  :Thmbsup: I'm checking it out now...

Darwin:
BTW, Curt, I notice that NovaPDF (all flavours) is on sale at the moment. Will it handle this as well (ie allow you to save a pdf created as an archive of image files as a searchable pdf)?

Darwin:
Hmm... checking out the feature matrix, it doesn't look like NovaPDF will allow you to process existing pdfs. It *looks* like a very powerful print driver, no? Actually, I wonder if NovaPDF will do this (process/change existing pdfs) printing an existing pdf from a pdf reader...? Enquiring minds want to know!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version