ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OCR/Text Recognition in a .pdf document? How do I do this.

<< < (4/5) > >>

lanux128:
what about Foxit PDF Editor? i haven't used it but coming from the makers of much-touted Foxit Reader, it might be worth a shot.

lanux128:
i noticed that there was a collaborative effort by tinjaw to purchase bundled products from Software995 which included some PDF toolkits such as PdfSuite995 and UltraPdf. Darwin, did you manage to try either of the programs since you were one of the purchasers? :)

Darwin:
Heh, heh - I've been looking at the pdf995 toolset. However, the pdf portion is a print driver, it doesn't offer any advanced post-pdf creation editing, sadly. I'd forgotten about Foxit PDF Editor, I'll take a look.

FWIW I LOVED Foxit Reader and used it until Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 came out. AAR 8 (and now 9) is *almost* as light on resources (when configured properly) as Foxit Reader but has a number of features that I need. At any rate, it's been a year or so and it's time to look at Foxit again...

Darwin:
Also BTW, I have Nuance PDF Professional 5 (and 3 and 4...) so actually have this functionality alreadly. However, as described in this thread, I had to uninstall it from my XP machine. As my XP machine is still my main computer, I'm vaguely interested in finding an alternative solution for this computer. However, over the next few months I'll be switching to the Vista notebook, so in the long run this won't be a big deal...

PhilB66:
http://TopOCR looks interesting.

Multiple text output formats, including searchable PDF and HTML
Able to read 11 different languages
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version