ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

I can't figure some things out in this program

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
well the problem with it now is the it doesnt proper "separate" favorites from history, and just mixes them in.
i think it would be better to have a separator with favorite and recent clips segregated, and the option to have favorites in a submenus.

katykaty:
... add some options for letting user have submenus for their favorites and better display favorites separately from quickpaste so that you won't run out of places ...-mouser (October 18, 2006, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wouldn't make it too fancy.  Honestly, people don't want to see more than 26 items in their Quick Paste menu.  What they need to do is define the Quick Paste SQL search so less than 26 are in there in the first place.

Honestly, I didn't even realize you could do this until I read this thread.  Now that I know how to limit (control) the items in Quick Paste, I can probably adjust the SQL search criteria for just the items I really need.
-superticker (October 19, 2006, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi all  :)

Just discovered you today; I've downloaded this to evaluate and so far first impressions are VERY impressive. Congratulations.  :up:

I'd love to see submenus - so I could have a submenu for email templates, then underneath that submenus for the various types of emails I send, with each template as a separate item.

Then the clips would be out of the way unless I wanted them.

mouser:
yep, thats exactly what i plan to add.  i think i've got enough CHS things to try to get an update in the next 5-10 days.

superticker:
... have a submenu for email templates, then underneath that submenus for the various types of emails I send, with each template as a separate item.-katykaty (October 26, 2006, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
For e-mail templates that are "structured" (ordered) and somewhat "static", The Form Letter Machine utility is a much better solution.  Go to mouser's zone here on DonationCoder and download it.

You can create a pull-down menu of structured trees (templates) from which to select from.  You can also create a pull-down menu of symbolic variables from which automatic variable substitution within these static structures can be made.  It's a much better solution for canned templates.

As Mouser also pointed out to me, you can include any XML/XHTML codes in your templates at well, so you can get quite fancy.

I'm using The Form Letter Machine for an events announcement list I moderate with very good success.  Now I thought about going hog wild and setting up an RSS newsfeed for this announcements digest as well.  That requires generating some XML and conditional assembly, in which case the Help & Manual application maybe better, but that's really an overkill in most cases.

katykaty:
For e-mail templates that are "structured" (ordered) and somewhat "static", The Form Letter Machine utility is a much better solution.  Go to mouser's zone here on DonationCoder and download it.

You can create a pull-down menu of structured trees (templates) from which to select from.  You can also create a pull-down menu of symbolic variables from which automatic variable substitution within these static structures can be made.  It's a much better solution for canned templates.

As Mouser also pointed out to me, you can include any XML/XHTML codes in your templates at well, so you can get quite fancy.

I'm using The Form Letter Machine for an events announcement list I moderate with very good success.  Now I thought about going hog wild and setting up an RSS newsfeed for this announcements digest as well.  That requires generating some XML and conditional assembly, in which case the Help & Manual application maybe better, but that's really an overkill in most cases.
-superticker (October 28, 2006, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the comment superticker - yes, I'm planning on using FLM too. But I'd still appreciate submenus - out of sight, out of mind - until I need the clips  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version