topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ChatterBlocker  (Read 3594 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ChatterBlocker
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:01 AM »
Today I made a software purchase, ChatterBlocker.

I downloaded the demo and used it yesterday and it worked very well. The price used to be $40, but they recently halved it to $20. It is a must buy at that price for anybody that works regularly in an office environment.

I run it on my laptop and listen using a pair of Phillips SBC HN110 noise-cancelling headphones. The headphones are nice because they cover a dynamic range that includes human voices around 1 KHz.

The two together create a pretty impenetrable sound barrier. Assailing my ears without this combo are an air conditioner, electric fan, several computer fans, office chatter or about ten officemates, and some traffic at the loading dock.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: ChatterBlocker
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:23 AM »
Sounds quite interesting, especially the part about it playing unintelligible human chatter.  Would be nice to hear if it really works for you.

Introducting ChatterBlocker, the PC software that reduces distraction from nearby conversations so you can stay focused anywhere.

ChatterBlocker does not use noise cancellation; instead, it blurs recognizable speech with a soothing blend of nature sounds, music and background chatter. Intelligible speech is often the most distracting sound in the workplace. ChatterBlocker lowers the intelligibility and reduces the distraction.

ChatterBlocker also offers mindfulness meditation tracks intended to increase concentration, reduce distractibility and minimize the stress response to office noise.

Use ChatterBlocker to tune out disruptions and increase concentration at the office, airports, cafes, or anywhere.