Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 10:19:29 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DCC gets noticed again by Fred Langa  (Read 2727 times)
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 23, 2005, 08:11:47 PM »

Rajeev Rohatgi wrote to Fred Langa who mentioned DCC and mouser's Find and Run Robot in his latest (2005-06-27) newsletter:
Dear Fred, My laptop has tons of installed programs (in fact, if I didn't categorize them into submenus, my Start/Programs directory would run into several columns beyond the right edge of my monitor screen). This creates a problem when I have to access a particular program...figuring out where exactly it's categorized, then navigating to it on my touchpad through several submenus, et al...but now I've discovered this great piece of freeware — Find and Run Robot — which searches for any installed program on the fly, as one types in the program name, and then launches it with a single keypress. It even searches for data files!
Way to go Rajeev! It was noted again in Langa's 2005-07-25 Plus letter (see correction below).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 08:33:05 PM by zridling » Logged

- zaine (on Google+)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 08:20:39 PM »

just to clarify - this was from newsletter of 6/27 and i believe was the only time dc(c) has been mentioned in langa's newlsetter.

but hey, always nice to relive the good days, and hopefully he'll notice our other apps eventually smiley
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 08:22:56 PM by mouser » Logged
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 08:31:43 PM »

Sorry about that. That was the original mention. It's noted again in the 2005-07-27 issue at http://www.langalist.com/...2005/2005-07-25plus.asp#7

- zaine (on Google+)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 08:49:04 PM »

oh nice.  for those of us not subscribed to the plus letter, what does it say about us?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.03 ]