ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Download and play Sauerbraten (a.k.a. Cube 2), a free, open-source game

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
Shaders require... ho humm... Friend of mine says GeForce3, although it wasn't with Shader Model 2.0 until it got really useful - probably around GeForce5/Radeon9x00 or so. Can't really remember, never did shader coding, but it was added "fairly long ago", in the graphics card scene sense of "fairly long ago" anyway :)

Lashiec:
Yes, but with a TNT2 M64 shaders are not supported, they weren't added so long ago :(

f0dder:
TNT2? Wow, that's ancient :) - I think I had a Riva TNT2 around the time when Quake3 was released, or perhaps the demo of it.

Gothi[c]:
... Why is it that Quake3 still seems 'new' to me. I'm still a Quake2 guy :P
It's not THAT ancient, you know. Computer technology just evolves way too fast :P

Lashiec:
Well, when I bought the computer I had a SIS6326 with 8 MB. Now that's ancient, and it couldn't run anything. Half-Life was very slow, even at a low resolution. The TNT2 was a gift from my brother, who replaced this card with a GeForce2 with TV-Out, for viewing movies. It surely was a change, but nowadays it's pretty old (my brother changed his computer two times since then, the last one being an impressive piece of hardware), and the most advanced games I can run are Quake 3 and Unreal... no Dreamfall for me :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version