ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Interface Design Desperation.. Help needed!

(1/2) > >>

jgpaiva:
I'm desperatelly needing help with school stuff. This particular class is taking loads of my time so i need your help on this one.

I just need to know if anybody knows a simple way to make a user interface. It can be anything, from an executable to a flash animation or even a web page. I just need to keep it simple and fast.

The interface is for a DVD renting machine with no database, just some static stuff. This means there's almost no need for variables and such, almost like a web page. Truth is that there are like 40 static screens (all of them follow a template), and i only have a few days to do it. (no, i didn't leave it to the last moment, that's the time they gave us)

So, i ask for your help. Can you tell me a good way to do it?

Here's the ones i've thought about:

* Flash (although i know nothing about it and it looks like there's too much to learn and too litle time)
* Html + Php (looks like the best option right no)
* Cpp (using some kind of easy gui maker. Don't know anything about it, though)
* Other programing languages, using easy gui makers. But i know of none like that.
I hope you can help me... Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
jgp since you are having to learn php and html forms and stuff, i agree that sounds like your best way.

i find flash HORRIBLE for gui stuff.

you could use delphi or c++ builder if you want to make a standalone application.

jgpaiva:
I have just found one better way to describe what i'm looking for:
"dynamic Powerpoint". Something that will allow me to create a bunch of screens, and link them easily, but keeping some states at the same time.

I'm learning php, but i still don't know much about it, and i really was looking for a sort of mouse-directed solution.

Nevertheless, php+html looks like my best solution up to the moment.

mouser:
well there are tools for doing this for like presentations, designed for minimal interactivity and mainly linking back and forth between screens.

But is the main aim to make the screens look really nice, or does that not matter?  That will have a big effect on what you need to use i think.

NeilS:
How about EasyPrototype?

It's not free, but there's a 30 day eval which is apparently fully functional, although sometimes people say "fully functional" when they mean "doesn't allow saves", so might be worth checking that before you do too much with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version