topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Delete a Folder(s) Contents when size or date/time limit is exceeded  (Read 5357 times)

offgridman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I need a program to delete the gif images my security software dumps into a folder every 15 secs. The folders get huge in short order if I forget to get around to them.
 :D

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://powerpro.webeddie.com/  this one has many features. One of tthe features is  scheduler that you can use to delete certain folders and files.

offgridman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks I have downloaded it and will give it a try.
Your post was appreciated.

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It may look daunting at first but it is very capable software. If you can manage to pass first hardships you will see that it is a gem. Unfortunately default installation and setup is little confusing. After you install probably you will find it hard to understand. So what you need is to run pproconf.exe from the powerfolder diretory. From there you can disable default tabs, windows and setup your scheduler. The command you will need is "file" command under scheduler.

Also the documents are not bad at all in my opinion.

offgridman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I was able to figure it out pretty quickly with the tips you gave.
Thanks again
Offgridman

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice to hear that you have figured it out. If you need spesific conditions that are hard to achieve with standard interface you might want to check out powerpro yahoo groups. There are some helpful people there.