ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Invisible Bike And Other Cat Signs

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
mmmm...more fodder  :D  :-*

Edvard:
Eureka!

I finally found the origin of many of these images and some of the phrases so commonly found on them...
The 4chan.org image board. (specifically, "Animals & Nature")

The origin of the word "harbl" (took me awhile on this one, but found on Urban Dictionary)
This word has its origin on the 4chan imageboards, more specificially the "/b/ - Random" imageboard there. The moderators on that board sometimes install wordfilters that change certain words or phrases to other words and phrases when a post is made and much hilarity ensues. A recent example for this was when "FTW" (For The Win) was wordfiltered to "SUCKS". Similarily, at some point the word "c**k" was wordfiltered to "harbl" because the moderators got tired of the meme "I'll suck your c**k" which of course then always read "I'll suck your harbl". Since this was almost 2 years ago many newer users don't know the origin story (so to speak) and just use it as a random (pun intended) nonsense word. Most recently it has become integrated in the "I'm in ur ______ verb+ing my/your ______" meme.
--- End quote ---
A meme of which the origins can be found here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4053.msg42270#msg42270

See also:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=5261.0
(thanks again, housetier)

app103:
/b/ is a dangerous place...not for the faint of heart....and definately not some place you'd want to visit while at work.

Be warned.

Edvard:
oop... :o

I only went to the animals part...

im in ur bathroom, scrubbin my eyeballz

app103:
oop... :o

I only went to the animals part...

im in ur bathroom, scrubbin my eyeballz
-Edvard (December 04, 2006, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

hahahahahahahahaha!  ;D