ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Smilies With Speech Bubbles

<< < (4/5) > >>

PitrPaulus:
Thx guys; I'm gonna read and check it right now (... at work...). Greetings.

nudone:
never mind  :-[ jgpaiva already mentioned it. [attach=#1,msg43195][/attach] (see nudone, another use of coffeesmilie)  :P

-tinjaw (November 10, 2006, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

ha, very good.

PitrPaulus:
Now I'm trying to make speech-balloons myself (with greetings etc.), following the guidelines on the MazeguySmilieswebsite.
At the end is written 'Step 5: Save the cropped image as a Transparent GIF, with the green background as the transparent color.
Whatever I do, I cannot get rid of the background color. OK, I can make it white, but when I put the Smiley on a coloured background you can See the white square behind the Smiley.

How do you 'save as Transparent GIF' ? I only have the option for .GIF or>JPG etc.

I've tried to change it in Screenshot-Captor (and also ACDSee) but still the background color remains white.

I hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in advance; PitrPaulus
-

app103:
I used Paintshop Pro to make mine.

Instead of going to 'Save as..." and saving as a .gif, I used the "Export to GIF Optimizer" under the file menu...has much more options and a wizard if needed.

I can set what color I want as transparent there.

You will not see the color as being transparent if you open it in a graphics editor when complete, but it will show as transparent in various applications that support .gif transparencies, such as a browser.

I created and saved each frame this way.

Then I used Animation Shop 3, which is included in Paintshop Pro, to assemble the animation and set the frame times.

tinjaw:
PitrPaulus,

How you do it depends on the software you use. First, use your web browser to save the picture as a .GIF. Then open it in the tool of your choice and resave it as a transparent GIF. For example, I use IrfanView. There is an "options" button on the save dialog that I click that allows me to check a box for transparency. I also choose the option to choose the transparent color at the time of the save. When I save I click on the green background. But, as I have said, how you do this will depend on what tool you use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version