topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Chosen item number appearing in next search bug  (Read 5066 times)

NeilS

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Chosen item number appearing in next search bug
« on: October 29, 2006, 06:47 AM »
Mouser,

This bug was mentioned recently, but I think I've got a 100% repeatable test case that you can try it on.

For me at least, if you use the numpad to invoke an item, the number you selected will show up as the initial search field the next time you bring FARR up, but only if the item is a URL. It seems to happen both with .URL files and with URLs in aliases. I don't seem to ever see it happen with anything else.

Hopefully this will give you a better idea where the problem might lie.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Chosen item number appearing in next search bug
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:51 AM »
thanks for reminding me about this - i think i reintroduced this at my last round of optimizations; ill try to fix this in the next couple of days since i know it's a showstopper.

NeilS

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Chosen item number appearing in next search bug
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 08:30 AM »
It doesn't actually bother me that much, but I can see it being a showstopper for the "Must. Launch. Faster." aficionados. :) Don't get me wrong - I do like the speed at which FARR lets me launch stuff, but the thing that really makes it work for me is the sheer reduction in effort it provides.