ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

really good spell check tool wanted

<< < (2/5) > >>

Darwin:
Holy sheepshit, Batman! tinyspell+ is only $5! Compare this with the competition: the going rate seems to be $40-50 for all except QuickSpell, which is $24.95. I'm peripherally interested in this functionality (though I already enjoy it with ActiveWords - I'm considering not running AW any longer) and wonder if any of the posters here that are using these various apps can comment on their respective "footprints"?

Thanks,

Mike

PS am downloading tinyspell as I write this...

Darwin:
Hmmm... tinyspell has a nice feature set and minimally impacts the system but doesn't really do what I'd like it to - I'm after functionality more in line with what I imagine As-U-Type offers: on the fly correction of spelling mistakes with the option of having the programme offer me some choice in what corrections are made - i.e. not simply replacing my typo with what it perceives to be the nearest match but offering me some alternatives a la Word's spellchecker... I'll keep looking!

tinjaw:
Darwin,

You can do all of the things you mention. At least you can in the + version. If you open settings and turn on "check spelling on the fly" and then use the "Replacement-list" hotkey I think you will get the behavior you want.

Darwin:
Thanks tinjaw - I'll keep playing with it!

Perry Mowbray:
It's hard to beat $5  :Thmbsup: !!

I'm just playing with the free version, and at this point it's pretty good! It's going to challenge ieSpell (which is great in WebPages)! The only benefit of ieSpell that I can see (at this stage) is that it does your text area all in one go.

- Perry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version