ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Utility to rename taskbar buttons/window titles?

<< < (3/3)

Actual Tools:
I've owned an Actual Tools license in the past, and I must drop a warning that you are only buying 3 months of support & future versions when you buy this product.  A very not-so-fair deal in my opinion. 
But still a well written & supported program, with good features.
-vegas (October 27, 2006, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please could you specify where did you get such information? Currently we provide the free lifetime support for the registered users and the free minor upgrades. Do you still consider these conditions "not-so-fair"?

Dirhael:
I've owned an Actual Tools license in the past, and I must drop a warning that you are only buying 3 months of support & future versions when you buy this product.  A very not-so-fair deal in my opinion. 
But still a well written & supported program, with good features.
-vegas (October 27, 2006, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please could you specify where did you get such information? Currently we provide the free lifetime support for the registered users and the free minor upgrades. Do you still consider these conditions "not-so-fair"?
-Actual Tools (October 30, 2006, 02:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds very fair to me actually :) By the way, seeing as you're here now, what about a feature like the one I mention in this post?

Actual Tools:
Sounds very fair to me actually :) By the way, seeing as you're here now, what about a feature like the one I mention in this post?
-Dirhael (October 30, 2006, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what exactly are you calling "a feature". Please explain your task, the desired way of its achievement, and what do you miss in the current version of Actual Window Manager. Thanks. (BTW, you may post a feature request at our forum; we consider all the requests and implement many of them.)

Dirhael:
-Dirhael (October 30, 2006, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what exactly are you calling "a feature". Please explain your task, the desired way of its achievement, and what do you miss in the current version of Actual Window Manager. Thanks. (BTW, you may post a feature request at our forum; we consider all the requests and implement many of them.)
-Actual Tools (November 02, 2006, 04:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I should have explained it a bit better.. To better explain, consider the following scenario: I'm using an application like, let's say, Notepad++. The window captioning in this case is "Notepad++ - C:\path\to\open\file.txt" . Now, as this application let's you open several files in the same window (MDI), the window captioning will change depending on which "tab" you have open, yet the "Notepad++ -" always remains. Renaming the window with Actual Window Manager would in this case not be very useful seeing as if I renamed it to "C:\path\to\open\file.txt" and changed to a tab with a file named e.g. "anotherfile.txt", the window title would still say "C:\path\to\open\file.txt". This wouldn't really be of much use, as all it would do is to make things even more confusing.
This all leads me to the feature request; the option to strip out just parts of a window captioning, either by specifying a literate string to remove, or even better, using a regular expression. In my example above, all I would want to remove is the "Notepad++ -" part, but let the rest of the captioning change as usual.

Hope that explains it a bit better :)

Actual Tools:
Yes, this explanation is pretty clear, thanks. I have added your request to our suggestion base and would like to recommend you to subscribe to our newsletter so you won't miss the required release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version