ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Auto-complete Intelli-sense type utility ?

<< < (8/11) > >>

Darwin:
The best thing about DirectAccess (other than its very helpful and friendly developer of course!) has got to be the fact that it plays nice with other macro tools. I used to use ActiveWords (still have it installed, actually) but it wouldn't co-exist happily with a range of macro addins for Office apps nor with various other applications. That and the pace of development is glacial...

OK 'nuff said. I love DirectAccess! Thanks Andrea!

nagar:
Thanks. As you said the new version plays nice with other macro tools as it ignores soft generated keystrokes so the text typed by other macro tools is always inserted correctly and without delay. The new lightweight keystroke detection engine helps also making things smooth.

Darwin:
OK - reviving this thread (because I am a mercenary bastard and want something!). I've long since given up on ActiveWords. There have been two updates since this thread went into a coma but it doesn't play nicely with other apps that monitor the keyboard (e.g. Accents) and resource usage is high compared to DirectAccess, which I use all the time now!

Anyway, I'm revisiting spell checking and wonder if anyone has autohotkey running with any other hotkey/keyboard monitoring app? If so, does it behave itself? Further in the same line of thinking, do the spell checkers, such as As-U-Type co-exist with other keyboard monitoring apps, like DirectAccess?

Alternatively, anyone have any new found favourite spellchecker, or is As-U-Type still king of the hill?

Ta,

Mike

nagar:
If you have a set of autocorrections is Autohotkey, have you tried importing them in Direct Access? v.1.6.2.1 includes a command importer and allows you to import abbreviations created with Autohotkey.

Darwin:
Thanks for the reply Andrea - no I've never used AHK before, so don't have any autocorrections set up for it.

I'm trying out Spell Catcher Plus at the moment -very impressive (and plays well with DA). I spent yesterday afternoon and evening trying out: As-U-Type, Tiny Spell, QuickSpell, and Spell Catcher. Spell Catcher is the best of the bunch by a long shot. I found this review of it this morning - I'm in good company! Thanks to sgtret for pointing me in its direction in this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version