ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Auto-complete Intelli-sense type utility ?

<< < (10/11) > >>

nagar:
Thanks. The nice thing is that you can import the list of autocorrect from Word or Autohotkey and have them available in Direct Access so that you can use them in any application.

If you prefer to add a suffix to trigger you commands (instead of using the SHIFT confirmation key) you can easily add it to multiple abbreviations and tweak it to your suit your needs.

Something I want to mention about autocorrect is that it may "autocorrects" a word which you prefer it didn't. With Direct Access new shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+E you can open the edit window for the last executed command so that you can tweak it to your needs.

Thanks again for all the feedback you provided in the forum.

Darwin:
Sweet. I've just been trying this feature out. Your points above will help make this work to perfection, I think. Right, off to ask for a refund on the spell checking program I just bought - don't need it now!

Thanks Andrea  :-*

kartal:
I was trying Direct Access at the moment. It is looking nice except the fact that I cannot use "1 2.." numbers for calling from the suggestion list. This quick grabbing is really really handy tool and available in other tools. Trying to scroll up and down in the list is waste of time. I can type within that time anyways. Do not get me wrong it is a nice piece of software but I am not seeing a point when I cannot call the words quickly within the suggestion dialog.

ewemoa:
Does Type Booster count as an auto-complete intelli-sense type utility -- and does anyone have experience with it?

Darwin:
Does Type Booster count as an auto-complete intelli-sense type utility -- and does anyone have experience with it?
-ewemoa (January 01, 2009, 06:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like it fits the bill, ewemoa. The price is nice ($24.95) as well. However, I've not tried it, so can't say whether it is a good option or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version