topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ProcessTamer error - Bad License Key File  (Read 6605 times)

thesurfer

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ProcessTamer error - Bad License Key File
« on: October 24, 2006, 05:02 AM »
Hej,

I downloaded and loaded ProcessTamer.  When I enter my "Lifetime Universal Deluxe" license key I get a pop up window called "Key File Error"  I also get another window called "License Key Saved.."   This window is dimmed.

I seem to be able to use ProcessTamer but as I just installed it I really can't be sure.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: ProcessTamer error - Bad License Key File
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:09 AM »
hmm..
you can email me if you want more detailed help ([email protected]).

to test if the license key was really accepted just go to the about box of the program - it should say your name+email if the license key was saved.

make sure you paste the license key starting with *r1...

i know i have to improve the errors displayed when a license key is not accepted.

like i said, email me if you keep having trouble and i can help figure out what's going wrong.

thesurfer

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:39 AM »
Mouser,

I set ProcessTamer to start with Windows.  When I start my PC the Key File Error comes up, I cancel it, it comes up again and I cancel it.  ProcessTamer doesn't start.  I need to start it from the menu.  Then I need to cancel it twice again and it runs.  On my work PC the license doesn't appear in the ProcessTamer window display, while my home PC displays the license.  See the attached files for my work PC.  Both PCs are running Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

I have regional settings on my PC for Sweden.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:36 AM »
and clearly i should do some error checking at the time of entry and simply not accept bad license keys.  once they are put in as you say, it will pop up with that error when the program starts, which you need to then press the "Enter New License Key Information" button and paste in a good key (or delete the bad one and make it blank at the least).

i'm sure i can help you get it sorted out - it's usually a case of just pasting in the wrong key or a partial key.  email me and i'll help you personally.

ps. i guess this is good motivation for me to finally make the license keys .reg compatible so that people can just pop them in their registry or system directory and not have to worry about entering them wrongly..