ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Features?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
i saw your post after mine, and i see we both saw the connection with note tool.
this definitely needs some thought.. i agree that getting pulled in all directions is tricky, and it would be nice to figure out a "focus" for the program to help keep it from getting out of control.

its definitely useful for me to hear about programs like clipomatic that people have strong attachments to, it helps point out what is desired.

my own person view is that i use a clipboard tool as a kind of safety mechanism and history i can search, so for me most fancy stuff is not needed, and more important is fast and easy search.

and again for a notes program, i simply could not live without one, BUT i just use it for storing plaintext, and sometimes i even find it quite annoying that it accepts rich text with formatting.  for me its much more important to have easy way to move notes, and have a simple interface that makes it trivially fast and easy to add new notes.

i think i like your idea here:
One thing that I would really like to see is a program that helped you gather clips (HTML, RTF, text, etc) and allowed you to put them into another program easily.  That's why I mentioned RTF to HTML conversion.  If you could copy HTML, convert to RTF, then paste it into Keynote (another program [and its successor, Keynote 2] I will tirelessly promote!) in three clicks that would be awesome!  As such, CHS would not be so much a storer of notes, but an intermediary that would allow you to format your notes and easily place them into the program of your choice.
--- End quote ---

kfitting:
Well.... as I said above that is up to you.  Also as I said above, I agree that it doesn't seem a far stretch.  However, also as I said, I use Keynote, and do not plan on switching.  NOT that this could not be useful to others!  I am NOT trying to squelch the idea!  But, I would rather see an intermediary program.  One that focused more on easy capture, quick formatting, and being able to quickly call up another program (or perhaps more importantly, a file) to seamlessly paste the information where you wanted it.  Maybe you could have your cake and eat it too.  Perhaps you could have a notes software and an intermediary side by side.  I dont know!  Those are my thoughts.  

Kevin

After reading your reply:

Heh heh, people use the same tools so differently!  It's funny... it must also be hard to code for!!  As far as your comment on the notes program, if you made the conversion thing, you wouldnt have to worry about it accepting RTF... you'd just convert it!  I also agree with you about wanting to move and manipulate... but, I already have a lot of stuff stored in Keynote and I want to continue putting stuff there.  A trade off, certainly, but I think an intermediary program could make things a lot easier.  However, that's enough of my propaganda!  Find out what people really want!

kfitting:
Sorry, I'll go to bed soon.  But the thought just occured to me... what about export?  Could you maybe export all clips (or subsets in csv or mysql or rtf or or html or xml or jpeg or <insert format here>?  Not all those formats are practical, but it may be neat at some point to export your whole history.  Maybe it wouldnt... probably wouldnt find out until it's too late!

kevin

mouser:
export is definitely needed.
export to plain text file(s) of course.
export/import to keynote/treepad would be nice.

kfitting:
Ahhhh, there's an idea.  If you could easily export into hierarchical notes programs (spelling is completely arbitrary) that would solve a lot of problems.  You could clip notes all day long, then sift through them and store them when you get a chance. 

I was thinking this morning and realized that if you go to a tree structure for clip types (something I agree with) you have a notes program built in whether you want it or not.  Therefore, I say go for it... especially if you add the ability to export to a full notes manager. 

Sounds awesome, thanks for the discussion.

KEvin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version