Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 12:58:08 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Opening CH+S From Systray? Hotkeys?  (Read 6107 times)
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »

A couple of hopefully easy questions:

• How can I quickly open or show the CH+S full window from the systray icon?  I can always right-click on the icon and then click on "Show...", but that isn't quick at all! Double-clicking the left mouse button does open CH+S but it also two separate but identical popup menus appearing, which I don't need.  Is there a way to quickly and cleanly cause CH+S to show the full window? Lie maybe a hotkey, which brings me to...

•   ...Hotkeys in CH+S. In "Options" on the Hotkey tab, there are five hotkeys shown.  Or actually two are shown and the rest have no keys assigned. "Capture/View/Spell" and "Quick Paste Menu" have hotkeys assigned, while "Quick Note Add", "Count Characters", and "Spell Windows Object" have none.  I understand that Spell Windows Object is not yet operative and so would naturally have no hotkey assigned to it.  But are the other two also not yet working?  I cannot edit/overwrite the "None" in the hotkey box.  For that matter I cannot change the hotkeys that are assigned for the first two shortcuts; the box is not editable - I can't highlight or type over the pre-assigned hotkey shortcuts there.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:07:30 AM »

what I do to call the main window : 1st call the quickpaste menu, and just press w -->  there you have your window!

(Main hotkey for the quick paste menu : Options --> startup / hotkeysmenu -->  quickpaste menu --> ctrl + Alt + q ?? )

You could also write a little AHK script to bring up the main window.

Something like :
[copy or print]
#S::
send, ^!q
Sleep 400
send, w
return

this is basically : win+S to invoque CH+spell main window if ctrl+alt+q was your shortcut for the quick paste menu.
The sleep command is not the best way though... But I didn't give it much thought... The best would be to use something like "WinWait," but I 'm not sure...  smiley

But of course other built in CH+S hotkey would be better...  Wink

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:32:14 AM »

Win+x hotkeys couldn't come soon enough. smiley

J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 02:51:01 AM »

what I do to call the main window : 1st call the quickpaste menu, and just press w -->  there you have your window!

That sounds good!

You could also write a little AHK script to bring up the main window.

Something like :
[copy or print]
#S::
send, ^!q
Sleep 400
send, w
return

I haven't used AHK - never could get the hang of writing scripts!

this is basically : win+S to invoque CH+spell main window if ctrl+alt+q was your shortcut for the quick paste menu.
The sleep command is not the best way though... But I didn't give it much thought... The best would be to use something like "WinWait," but I 'm not sure...  smiley

But of course other built in CH+S hotkey would be better...  Wink

Yikes!  I once tried Phrase Express and had fits with it. It took over the Win + S key and made it the Sleep key. But I use MS OneNote 2007, which uses the Win + S key for screen grabs - and Phrase Express does not allow their hotkeys to be disabled or modified. The developer's response to my query about this was to tell me to close all other programs that used Hotkeys whenever I used Phrase Express!!

I never used Phrase Express again!

Thanks.

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »

kind of embarassing that there isn't a hotkey in chs to just show main form isnt it.. Sad
ok i'll add.
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »

Yikes! 
Grin ok... ok...  Wink

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »

kind of embarassing that there isn't a hotkey in chs to just show main form isnt it.. Sad
ok i'll add.

Not embarrassing!  Actually I figured there was probably an easy way to do this staring atme and waiting to jump up and bite me!!  Guess not.  Whew!

Thanks!

Jim

Tekzel
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 03:26:47 PM »

ok i'll add.

I dunno, to me its nice to have it as an option, but for me it would just be a wasted hotkey.  I changed my quickpaste hotkey to CONT+Q and just press that then W to bring up the main window, since its right next to the Q its a split second operation.

(I know this is an old thread, but what the heck! haha)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »

Well i think it would actually improve things if there was a hotkey that:
1) brought up the main window
2) focused cursor in the search window
3) cleared any existing search text.
4) closed when you double click a clip item to paste into your last application.

The idea being that this hotkey would be used to facilitate quick search+paste.
Tekzel
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 03:37:26 PM »

Well i think it would actually improve things if there was a hotkey that:
1) brought up the main window
2) focused cursor in the search window
3) cleared any existing search text.
4) closed when you double click a clip item to paste into your last application.

The idea being that this hotkey would be used to facilitate quick search+paste.

That does sound nice.  I saw a suggestion a few minutes ago on another thread from a while back about some sort of cooperation between CHS and FARR, that would be awesome!  A CHS plugin for Farr, allowing you to use the Farr search mechanism on CHS clips.  Is this even a reasonable possibility?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 03:38:54 PM »

It is a reasonable possibility, I am thinking about it.
Tekzel
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »

It is a reasonable possibility, I am thinking about it.

Ideally, you could press enter on the FARR result and paste it as normal, or right click it in FARR, choose edit, and that would open up CHS with the selected entry active and the cursor in the body.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.02 ]